Your first opportunity arrises during initial setup, when you will be prompted to use Android Lollipop’s Tap & Go functionality to restore settings and data from another Android phone . The HTC One M9 might just be the best Android device on the market, but if you go in flying blind you could very likely miss out on some of the key features that make your device great. Before you get too far ahead of yourself, here are the top things every new One M9 owner should know. For that price, you can get a 64GB Moto X Style Pure Edition, which has a significantly better processor, sharper screen, more storage, and a customizable design that’s also quite premium. It may not be all metal, but it’s a more powerful phone, which will likely get software updates more quickly than the A9. The only area in which the One A9 trumps the new Moto X is with that Android Pay-ready fingerprint sensor and the all-metal body.
HTC Dot View lets you use your phone, even when the case is closed. You can already play many games with your regular screen, but it would still be very fun to see some 8-bit games coming to Dot View. Shen Ye thought about this and made a concept, but it’s just an image. PCMag, PCMag.com and PC Magazine are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis, LLC and may not be used by third parties HTC Dot View without explicit permission.
Htc Updates Dot View App With New Wallpaper Personalization Options, More
The HTC Dot View app has been updated to bring a few more customization options to the case, including the ability to theme your notifications. The case will also allow you to add a scrollable message that will show on the case when you don’t have any notifications taking up the screen. While the Dot View case for the GPE M8 is indeed supported, its functionality is stripped down to a minimum.
Similarly, there’s a Dot View message option where you choose words instead of images to appear across the front of the Dot View case. You start it from the Dot View app, then close the cover to play. The paddle is controlled by tilting the device left and right to keep the ball in play. There are 20 levels, each with a different configuration of blocks to clear. Perhaps HTC will eventually offer more apps for additional customization to make the Dot View case more interesting, but this is all we’ve got so far.
More_verttop 5 Blackjack Games For Android In 2021
Ultrapixels sound great on paper but there is only so much you can do with 4 megapixels. You notice every detail — or lack thereof — when you zoom in. The lens is very susceptible to flare and fringing when there is a bright light source, while detail is lost due to over-processing at high ISO levels.
- There honestly is not much competition at the high end for Windows Phone devices.
- Therefore, I’m not really confident with its protection functionality.
- Leading up to the launch of the One M8, HTC started posting some of its apps to the Play Store.
- Whether or not that actually matters to you is, of course, an entirely different discussion.
- HTC worked on the software since I first tested out the M9 and my new photo comparison has it performing similarly to the iPhone 6 Plus and Sony Xperia Z3.
- The tiled layout is a bit more friendly, I think, than the tabbed pages of the old app, and the sample content for particular sources is now displayed Blinkfeed style, rather than in a dense, noisy list.
- Pricing in Canada is around $229 on a two-year agreement, or $700 outright, with American carriers offering it at around $649 without agreement or $199 with new two-year contracts.
So users will want to explore the Chrome Web Store, Google Play Store, and elsewhere if these apps don’t quite align with what they’re looking for. Chromebook-ready games and productivity apps aren’t going to be the primary focus here either. It bears pointing out that these apps, in particular, are not necessarily going to be the best for every user.